Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Day 2- What is the meaning behind the name of your blog?

One of my favorite songs is by Ingrid Michaelson. The name of it is Keep Breathing.

The meaning behind my blog is multi-faceted in a sense. There is the keep breathing that is in regard to Cystic Fibrosis and there is the feeling that I have had a number of times in my life in which life has been out of control, or sad, or scary or overwhelming and I have centered myself with the fact that I am breathing... if that is all I do, and in my case... that's a hell of a lot... I will be okay.... I have that.. I have breathing.

Before being diagnosed with CF, which happened on 9/1/2009-- this song was still one of my favorite songs... it kept me through a lot of tough situations and I remember clearly on the evening of 9/1/2009 I sat in my basement and drank 3 Drayman's Porter brews by BBC and played this song over and over again and was full of gratitude--- sure a nice headache and shakiness the next day, but I was okay.

Often in times of struggle I listen to this and believe it or not it is on my running list... it revs me up...

so all that I know is I'm breathing...


KEEP BREATHING

Written by Ingrid Michaelson

The storm is coming but I don't mind
People are dying, I close my blinds

All that I know is I'm breathing now

I want to change the world
Instead I sleep
I want to believe in more than you and me

But all that I know is I'm breathing
All I can do is keep breathing
All we can do is keep breathing now

All that I know is I'm breathing
All I can do is keep breathing
All we can do is keep breathing

All we can do is keep breathing
All we can do is keep breathing
All we can do is keep breathing
All we can do is keep breathing
All we can do is keep breathing now

1 comments:

OceanDesert said...

I'm so glad you enjoy my blog! Thank you so much for your sweet comments!! Looks like you're rockin' life yourself!!!! We saw Ingrid in concert in a tiny venue in Tucson last year... she was reallllly great... My best to you!!!!

Post a Comment