Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Methylprednisolone Mornings

I've been awake for an hour. I went to bed 3 hours before that. To what do I owe the delights of such sleep you ask, a methylprednisolone burst.

9 days. I am on day 2.5. There are ants running under my skin....

I'm not normally a very willing steroid taker... I resist. I do what's best in the end, but I'll admit that I resist along the way...however, when I talked to my favorite dr p on Friday after the appointment with the immunologist and he said that we are doing a medrol burst (at least its oral as opposed to IV solumedrol)-- I said when do we start-- he paused... for more than a beat...

resistance is futile.

my pft's are in the tank.  stairs are beginning to be slightly more daunting... and i want to avoid a re-admission at all costs... so we're taking the ride... and though I'm not thrilled to be on it, I have the at-least-the-steroids-will-reduce-all-inflammation attitude.... which is good stuff...

in other news...
today, sunday, which is different than 4 hours ago, which was still saturday.... our trio (plus puppies) is headed an hour north to my mom's for the day. It's the infamous Holyoke, MA St. Patrick's Day weekend celebration (and my birthday tomorrow)--- so i will see my sister and her partner, my other sister, my brother in law (also has a birthday) and my nephew (another birthday)---- A will get to bask in the glory of my mom and Tom, who is adores and who equally adore him and we'll laugh... and the world knows that we all need that bottom of the belly rising up over the top kind of laughter sometimes to really just make it all okay...

I'll be eating carrot cake.. (it was my birthday request.. and yeah I'm turning 36, but I still like to have a cake)---

I picked up Franny and Zooey for old times sake yesterday.. and I'm happy I did.. thanks JD

0 comments:

Post a Comment