Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes. Rilke

Day 5 in the hospital again. PFT's tomorrow. We're hoping to pull some pre-med 60's.. That's the goal.
I have a lot of what everyone else with CF has when they are her.. tightness, rhonci, mucus, headaches etc.
I'm on IV steroids, Vanco and Merrem. While each of these alone causes exhaustion, the cocktail is really tiring. I took a 4 hour nap today.

This stay has been different so far to me than any other stay in that I have been given the gift of the ability to be still and reflect... on life, on what it means, on its true shortness. My life will be different if I look differently at it... I am grateful for medical insurance, the vest, PFT's, CPT, nurses, doctors, family and all the people out there who do care.

The path is before me... and I believe it in... I am focusing on not letting the little things or inconsiderable people get me down.

On Sunday I did a lot of this:
And it is all that much better with this cute boy with me.

 Today I washed my hair.. not profound to many, but profound to me when sometimes it hurts to get up.

This is what i get to see every time I turn my head to the left...

there is beauty here-- I choose to look at it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment