Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

you don't always get what you want. you get what you need

Another day another day. I am still in the hospital with no official discharge date. It is likely to be tomorrow, but we'll see how it goes.  I was upset yesterday. I ranted and raved and cried and pretty much had a big ole temper tantrum. Today I read, rested, facebooked, texted, wrote some and behaved liked the 36 year old adult that I am. Much needed for all those around me and even those not around me.

I WAS SUPER CRAZY.


At any rate, usually each day there is something, be it lyrics to a song, a look from a person, something I witness, a comment from a friend that opens my eyes and today, dear Ronnie made a comment on one of my facebook posts that said  with regard to my lack of discharge "I know it stinks, but if you are not getting discharged, you need to be there. If you need to be there, you need to be there :)"

HELLO-- and that was it. He is right and it made a ton of sense and then I paused and asked God to help me with the battle of letting go of my will.  It's his, but sometimes (well a lot of times) I take mine back.

I have had a very relaxing afternoon -- I am okay and exactly where I need to be at this moment in time... and that's ok because it is what is supposed to be.

I'm looking forward to running a lot when I get home and getting back into my real groove and putting a marathon schedule together for the hartford marathon that will take place in October, and spending time with my family and friends, going to church, playing with puppies and loving my Nitza and Ale and Mom and Tom. I am very fortunate and grateful, though slightly stir crazy... but that's really okay.

Happier today... 


0 comments:

Post a Comment